Advanced Young Women in Science (AYWiS)
Applicant Guidelines for Advanced YWiS
Summer 2014: June 16 to August 8, 2014
Applicants must be:
- A previous participant of high school YWiS.
- A current freshman in either community college or a four-year university.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicants must intend on pursuing a degree that aligns with the research conducted at PNNL.
- Applicants must have transportation to and from PNNL and cannot have a job or extracurricular activities that will conflict with the appointment. No vacations or plans that will necessitate an interruption of research during the appointment are allowed.
- Download the AYWiS Application and begin filling in the information now.
- Download the Recommendation Form and save it to your computer. Send the Form via e-mail to two individuals. The Recommendation Forms must be sent by the Recommender via e-mail to Kathy Feaster Alley by February 14, 2014 Kathy Feaster
- During the period of December 9 - February 14, 2014, go to the Jobs at PNNL homepage. Locate the job titled AYWiS. This is where you will upload your AYWiS Application. See the Guidance of the process for applying.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for each undergraduate academic institution attended (unofficial transcripts provided by academic institutions are acceptable) should be added to the end of the Application and uploaded as one PDF file.