Student Research Apprenticeship Program (SRAP)
Applicant Guidelines for High School Juniors and Seniors
Summer 2014: June 16 to August 8, 2014
Applicants must be:
- Hispanic (includes origins of Mexico, Puerto Rico, Central or South America or other Spanish culture)
- African American (includes origins in any African American racial group)
- Native American (includes origins in North America and maintains cultural identifications through tribal affiliation or community recognition)
Currently enrolled as a junior or senior at a public or private high school in Benton, Franklin or Yakima County.
Sixteen years of age or older at the time the appointment begins.
Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (from beginning of 9th grade to current standing).
Applicants must show a strong interest in science, technology, engineering or mathematics and have taken mathematics and sciences courses that will support the understanding of their research assignment.
Applicants must have strong recommendations; illustrate a variety of interests outside their academic pursuits; demonstrate leadership abilities; and show interest in pursuing academic degrees or careers in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Applicants must have transportation to and from PNNL and cannot have a job or extracurricular activities that will conflict with the appointment. No vacations or plans that will necessitate an absence/interruption of research during the appointment are allowed.
- Download the SRAP Application and begin filling in the information now.
- During the period of December 9 - February 14, 2014, go to the Jobs at PNNL homepage. Locate the job titled SRAP. This is where you will upload your SRAP Application. See the Guidance of the process for applying.
- After the end of the first semester, mail an Official Transcript of all academic work completed or attempted, beginning with grade nine through the first semester of the current academic year. Must be postmarked by February 14, 2014.
- Note: Through an agreement with the Work Based Learning Coordinators at the public high schools in Richland, Kennewick, Pasco and Kiona-Benton School Districts, your transcript will be sent on behalf of your school.