DOE Community College Internships (CCI)
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science funds technical appointments in technologies or instrumentation projects or major research facilities for community college students at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). The CCI provides 10-week summer technical internships to fully enrolled community college students. Each student is assigned to a Laboratory staff scientist or technical advisor in a specific area of technical training experiences related to the student's interests and academic major. Students spend 80% of the time in their technical area and 20% of their time in leadership development and career-enhancement activities designed to assist in scholastic and vocational endeavors.
The CCI program is designed to:
- Increase leadership skills of talented community college students
- Improve students' awareness and understanding of current science and technology
- Increase students' awareness of current technology or instrumentation projects
- Develop and sustain personal connections for professional development with scientists/engineers
- Increase students' knowledge of career opportunities in technical fields
- Broaden students' knowledge of DOE's ongoing research and development priorities
June to August
Housing Per Diem:
$150/week for those who live more than 50 miles away one-way from PNNL
Participants who live more than 50 miles away one-way from PNNL are eligible for a limited travel reimbursement.
Housing: Multiple bedroom suites, studio, and one-bedroom apartments available on-site at the Guest House at PNNL.
On-line applications, for summer 2014 internships, open now. Application deadline is January 10, 2014.